Equine Teacher - Agricultural Development Officer (Part Time)
Kildalton Agricultural & Horticultural College, Teagasc, Piltown, Carrick-on-Suir, Co Tipperary, E32 YW08
Full details at https://topjobs-teagasc.thehirelab.com/LiveJobs/JobApply/76479?source=1&externalAgency=-1
Permanent . A panel may be formed from which future similar vacancies may be filled; such a panel will remain active for a maximum period of 12 months. This is a part-time post of 18.75 hours per week. The salary, as advertised, is based on full time working hours and as this post is part-time, payment will be pro-rata of this.
To operate as part of a team in the development and delivery of equine training programmes at Kildalton College.
Kildalton is the largest Teagasc college and a leading provider of training in Agriculture, Horticulture and Equine Studies in Ireland with over 1,400 students attending courses every year. In addition to providing QQI accredited courses at levels 5 and 6 Kildalton College also provides courses at levels 7 and 8 with the local Institute of Technology in Waterford (WIT) making the college a progressive learning facility in the South East.
Kildalton College is situated in the village of Piltown, Co Kilkenny in the picturesque Suir valley. It is located just off the main Waterford to Limerick road (N24), approximately eight kilometres from Carrick-on-Suir and 20 kilometres from Waterford city
- Preparation and delivery of lectures and practical training
- Preparation of assessment papers in accordance with QQI guidelines
- Assessment of skills and correction of assignments and exam scripts
- Delivery of training up to and including BHS II and HSI Level 2
- Managing health, safety and welfare on the Equine Unit
- Breaking and training of young horses
- Managing and maintaining high standards of stable management within the enterprise
- Organising and supervising Practical Learning Period placements
- Supporting the management of the equine enterprise at Kildalton College
- Implementing quality assurance procedures and meeting verification requirements
- Updating and developing course material
- Participating in course reviews and developing new training programmes
- Promoting Teagasc and Kildalton College through open days, one to one meetings, school visits and the media
- Co-operating and liaising with Teagasc Advisory and Research colleagues
- Co-ordinating and organising public events
- Assisting management and administrative staff in achieving good governance and risk management through co-operation and adherence to administrative procedures and practices
- Assisting Teagasc in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service charter and action plan
- Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-Teagasc staff and co-operate with management in enabling Teagasc to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
- Actively participate in the annual business planning, risk management and Performance Management Development Systems (PMDS) processes.
- Take responsibility for his/her own on-going personal and professional development.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Salary: Agr Development Officer Grade I with a Salary Scale of €34,650 to €67,440
Advisory/Education Permanent Part Time. Closing Date: 27/08/2021 Closing Time: 12:00