Horse Sport Ireland have proactively engaged with their Government partners in both the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport, and Media with regard to the resumption of sport horse activity.
Please refer to relevant Statutory Instrument of 2020 Health Act 1947 (Section 31A – Temporary Restrictions) (COVID-19) (NO. 9) Regulation 2020 which provide for competition and training events held under the authority of Horse Sport Ireland as exempted events during Level 5.
In consultation with Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine, Horse Sport Ireland will have the sole authority to approve competition and training events which are applied for by a recognised affiliate body.
Competition Events – Level 5
In brief, the approval system will comprise of the following;
· Formal application by the affiliate for the relevant events which has been verified and endorsed by the affiliate in the first instance;
· Confirmation of relevant risk assessment completion and associated assessment in line with public health guidance;
· Confirmation of COVID Officer appointment and adherence of HSI COVID protocols revised edition November 2020, by affiliate body and the show organiser;
· Signed declaration by both affiliate & organiser that strict adherence to the COVID protocols;
· Acknowledgement that any departure from the COVID 19 Protocols will result in non-approval of the affiliate application for that venue in subsequent applications;
This approval system will apply for both affiliated competition and training events.
Level 5 events should focus on catering for professional sport horse athletes & producers, high performance and/or sport horse athletes and individuals who participate within professional competition.
No amateur competitions or classes will be permitted during Level 5.
No youth competitions (U18) or classes will be permitted during Level 5.
Training Events – Level 5
Under Level 5 – only events that are authorised through a HSI affiliate and Horse Sport Ireland are deemed to be authorised events within the context of the Statutory Instrument. Training events must be affiliated and applied for through the HSI approval system as noted above. For example – affiliated Arena Training Series / Regional Training /
Young Horse Training/ General Training Events. Training events are defined as the following:
(a) to be held in preparation for a sporting event,
(b) that is supervised by a NGB coach/trainer.
(c) that is attended only by necessary persons;
Horse Sport Ireland the reserve right in respect of the authorisation of affiliated competition and training events.
Training – Level 5
• Individual Training only no group training, exemption for High Performance
• No Group Training for U18 permitted.
• One to one and pod coaching is permitted.
• Indoor training limited to individual basis only.