Association of Irish Riding Establishments (A.I.R.E)
AIRE will collect and use data for a variety of purposes on its members, employees and third parties. The data will be used for registration, administration, verification of member/instructor qualifications, payment of staff and third parties, promotion of the Association and Riding Centres, compliance with statutory obligations etc.
Data Protection is the safeguarding of the privacy rights of individuals in relation to the processing of personal data. The GDPR Act 2018 confers rights on individuals as well as responsibilities on those persons processing personal data. Personal data, both automated and manual are data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified, either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information.
This police is a statement of the Association of Irish Riding Establishments commitment to protect the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation Act 2018.
Why does AIRE (Association of Irish Riding Establishments) hold information on its members?
• AIRE holds membership details for communication and promotional purposes.
• AIRE holds copies of Instructor qualifications for verification purposes.
• AIRE holds photographs from Riding Centres for promotional purposes
What information is stored on members?
• Names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, photographs, videos, qualifications.
• Members are asked to contact AIRE office if information on their Centre is incorrect on AIRE website.
How is information obtained?
• Membership forms and qualifications are submitted by post or email to AIRE
• Photographs and videos are posted and emailed to AIRE office
• Insurance, Health & Safety Policies are copied to AIRE office
Why is it gathered?
• To form inventory of annual memberships.
• To form data base/list of members for use on AIRE website
• To contact members regarding equestrian training or relevant information.
• Required for marketing and operational purposes for the benefit of its members and AIRE.
How long will this information be kept?
• Membership and Visit Report Forms will be reviewed after 12 years.
How secure is it in terms of encryption and accessibility?
• AIRE computer is password protected and locked when not in use.
• Documents are locked away each night.
• All information held on database is encrypted.
• The website is secure (SSL)
Who will AIRE share our information with?
• Printers of Promotional Publications.
• As an affiliate of Horse Sport Ireland, numbers and emails are often shared for the benefit of the industry.
Regions of AIRE
• There are 7 regions in the association, the office will provide membership details to the secretary of each region for the purposes of training and the passing on of relevant information.
Please note AIRE may amend this information as required from time to time.