Riding School / Yard Manager (Temporary)
Employer: Cherry Orchard Equine, Education & Training Centre
Address: Cherry Orchard Green, Cherry Orchard, Dublin 10
Job Title: Riding School & Yard Manager (Temporary)
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours of work: 39 hours (will include unsocial hours)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
• We have a vacancy for a temporary full time riding school / yard manager.
• This contract is a specific purpose temporary full time contract.
• This contract is renewable month to month and is not expected to last for longer than a period of 6 months.
• This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to gain management experience working in a busy horse riding centre in Dublin City.
• An attractive salary commensurate with experience is on offer.
The riding school / yard manager has overall responsibility for the management and operation of the Stable and Yard element of a state-of-the-art multi function Youth Centre located in Dublin 10.
Other services in the Centre include a youth service, training centre and a Garda Youth Diversion Project. The Centre caters for more than 600 youths per week across all services. The riding school operates 6 days per week. We are a community based organisation and a registered charity. We do not provide livery.
Summary of duties
• Oversee the operation of the riding school and yard
• Line manage the yard staff and riding instructors
• Oversee the planning, development and delivery of riding programmes
• Oversee the department budget
• Oversee the welfare of the horses and ponies
• Oversee the health and safety regulations
• Ensuring the highest standards are achieved across all aspects of the service
A full job specification is available upon request.
We are interested in candidates who are hard working, enthusiastic, innovative, and have a keen interest working with young people. Candidates will have experience in managing a riding centre / yard or have considerable experience working in a busy riding school environment. HSI / BHS qualifications are a distinct advantage. Child protection, Garda Vetting and references required.
Please get in touch with Jenny Courtney to express interest in this position. 01 6209160